Project “Strategic Development of Healthcare institutions under Healthcare reform”
Project duration: November2020 - July 2021, 9 months
Project objectives: to increase capacity of management teams in providing better healthcare services as an independent non-profit organization in an economically more viable and a more needs-based manner by improvement of Health Service Provision in Donetsk and Luhansk regions (government-controlled areas) by means of:
- mastering strategic planning skills of management teams of selected healthcare institutions of Donetsk and Luhansk region
- changing attitudes of management teams toward systematic use of planning tools as basis of effective decision making, and involving broader group of employees and stakeholders in strategic planning process
15 Health Care facilities previously selected by the Project “Special assistance program for Eastern Ukraine (government-controlled areas)”:
• Communal non-profit enterprise "Center for Primary Health Care" Bilovodsk Village Council of Belovodsk district of Luhansk region,
• Communal non-profit enterprise "Center for Primary Health Care" of the Cmyrivka Village Council of Starobilsk district of Luhansk region,
• Communal non-profit enterprise "Markivska Multidisciplinary Hospital Of Markivska District Council",
• Communal non-profit enterprise "Novoaidar Primary Health Care Center" "Novoaidar district council of Luhansk region,
• Communal non-profit enterprise "Starobilsk District Center of Primary Medical Care Of Starobilsky District Council",
• Communal non-profit enterprise "Starobilsk District Territorial Association",
• Communal non-profit enterprise “District Primary Health Care Center” of Dobropilska District Council,
• Communal non-profit enterprise “Lyman Central District Hospital”,
• Communal non-profit enterprise “Mangushska Central District Hospital”,
• Communal non-profit enterprise “Slovjansk Central District Hospital”,
• Communal non-profit enterprise “Primary Health Care Center of Novogrodivka City Council”,
• Communal non-profit enterprise “Central City Hospital of Novogrodivka City Council”,
Communal non-profit enterprise “Pokrovska Hospital of Intensive treatment”,
• Communal non-profit enterprise “Selidivska Central City Hospital” of Selidovo City Council,
• Communal non-profit enterprise “Primary Health Care Center Shakhivska Vilage Council”.
- Design the activity, develop a program and materials for the workshops/trainings/ webinars. A detailed methodology for the strategy development and creating action plans for 15 preliminary selected HCI (8 hospitals and 7 Primary Health Care Centers) will be designed in agreement with the GIZ SAP.
- Conduct workshops/trainings/webinars. Conducting of 20 on-line team sessions (2 hours each) in Strategy Development in the period from November 2020 to April 2021. Majority of the sessions will be offered simultaneously for up to 15 PHCCs and hospital management teams, composed of 5-7 members per institution.
- Conduct mentorship. to support the efforts of managerial teams of each of up to 15 HCI in creating their strategic plans and further plans of actions.
- Provision of distant supervision and expertise support. Specific consultations will be provided by experts to the teams of participating HCI in the period from November 2020 to May 2021. Each expert has assigned topics, which she/he presents during the on-line strategic sessions and then offers advanced consultations to the teams of each HCI in order to facilitate the development of a relevant component of the strategic plan. Among the planning tools suggested for HCI are budgeting and financial planning, costing and plans for implementing strategic initiatives. These types of activities are planned on-line.
- Manual development on Strategic Planning. Preparing manual for the Secondary Health Care providers on Strategy development (e-format, Ukrainian language) for dissemination of the experience gained during the current project.
- At least 10 strategic plans, action plans and strategically oriented budget for year 2021 developed by the participating healthcare institutions
- At least 10 strategies and plans of action are presented to stakeholders and GIZ, strategic plans are submitted to owners for official approval
- Strategic planning for specialized health service project experience summarized into 1 manual and is available on-line
●Representatives of owners (local administration and self-government) districts and sites of the region
Expected project outputs:
Participants acquired and will be using the tools of planning in their future management activities. Directors/leaders have intent to apply plans in their regular management practices; to involve their subordinates into development and implementation of strategic initiatives; o to communicate strategic plans with stakehol